Get involved – run a workplace campaign!
We need your help to ensure that the needs of our community are addressed in a most effective manner. How can you help? Just keep reading…
It’s easy to participate in the United Way of Williams County appeal. Your organization must first select a campaign coordinator (someone who is responsible for the internal campaign). That person should contact Bill Pepple at the United Way office (419-636-8603 or email) to notify United Way of your company’s intent to participate, and ensure that ample supplies are delivered to your organization.
Then, just follow the simple steps below – and you’ll be well on your way to campaign success!
1. Conduct an effective employee solicitation.
- Set a challenging goal based on the employee giving potential of your organization.
- Endorse the campaign – either in person or by letter.
- Appoint a key employee to serve as campaign coordinator.
- Ensure that coordinator and solicitors receive proper training.
- Provide incentives to encourage new and increased giving.
- Help educate employees about United Way through speakers,agency tours, articles in employee publications, etc.
- Thank employees for their gifts.
2. Demonstrate corporate support.
- Consider a corporate gift that matches the contributions of your employees.
- Increase your corporate gift in line with other organizations in your business trade group.
- Encourage employees to become actively involved with the United Way and its network of agencies.
3. Lead by example.
- Join the Thomas M. Herman Leadership Giving Society by making a leadership gift of $500 or more.
- Solicit senior management for leadership gifts.
4. Finish up!
- Report results to the United Way promptly. This way, you can be considered for one of our many recognition awards.
- Pat yourself on the back for helping build a better community!
We’re here to help!
Running a United Way campaign should not be difficult. You can do it in as little as one week. And the United Way office will provide you with all the necessary materials and suggestions to run a model campaign. In fact, why not check out our Campaign Tools and Materials section to see a sample of what’s available?